Pages

Sunday, April 14, 2013

POEM #14- FULL MOON DAYS

tomruen, selected by Mary Lee Hahn on Year of Reading, via Wikimedia Commons,a


"Full Moon Days"

I love
those full moon days when
earth, moon, and sun
are perfectly aligned
and I can see only light
the shadows
are entirely hidden.

I hate
those full moon days
because I know
the full moon days
are always followed by
the waning
when
the light
lessens
and darkness
becomes greater

until I find myself
in the time
of new moon
where I wait
in darkness
hoping
for the waxing

because
I love
those full moon days.

(c) Carol Wilcox, 2013

1 comment:

Cathy said...

I love those full moon nights, but those full moon days are a little crazy. Sometimes during a full moon I walk into the school in the daylight and the full moon hangs in blue morning sky as if to taunt me.

Maybe this is the part I have a hard time with:
"the light
lessens
and darkness
becomes greater"

Cathy