Pages

Saturday, April 27, 2013

POEM #27- PRECARIOUS


Breakfast Break of the Scaffolders, via Mary Lee Hahn, Year of Reading
Bundesarchiv, Bild 102-09409 / CC-BY-SA

I am participating in Mary Lee Hahn's Common Inspiration - Uncommon Creations Poetry Torture Challenge  this month. Today's picture is two German construction workers, taking a break. I spent the day in Kremmling at a track meet, then came home and tried to write a poem. When my poem brain simply wouldn't work, I went back to the arun, a form I tried earlier this month. 

Sunday morning update: I went back and messed around with this a little more. Still think it's pretty weak, but think the changes make it a little better. 

"Precarious"

Look
the view
from up here
Incredible!
I can see my house 
Touching puffy grey clouds
Fingers brush steel
head brushes gray clouds
head brushing clouds
fingertips cold steel

please
be still
don't lean much
because my perch
is precarious

your
courage
is making
me a little
uncomfortable.

(c) Carol Wilcox, 2013

1 comment:

Linda B said...

I commented too over at Mary Lee's, Carol. This is interesting to see some of your process. Amazing pic, isn't it?