Pages

Tuesday, March 21, 2017

SLICE OF LIFE #21

So I wrote a paper.
It was due today.
And even though I worked really, really hard.
It was only about 3/4 of the way done.
The last paper we turned in
I worked really, really hard too
And did what I thought was a really great job.
The professor wrote one comment.
And corrected about ten APA style mistakes.

I wasn't really happy with this paper.
The topic felt big and unmanageable.
I still can't get my head around it.
I'm not at all sure I did what the professor wanted.
But when I was driving home tonight
I did have an idea of how I can make it better
Iehearsed a couple of transition lines .
And I think I might have figured out
what the paper is really about.
I think I really did write my way
to new understandings.
But it's taken about 15 hours so far.

I am so tired.
And I hate having the dang paper
hanging over my head

until tomorrow.

3 comments:

Mandy said...

Hang in there, it's really hard when you aren't sure what something is about. I also wonder if the one comment and style corrections are causing a mental block here - I'm sure you would of liked more feedback about the writing. I just heard a friend's story about her freshman son's experience with grading and papers. It appears the collegiate level needs to do some of the reading we are doing as teachers.

Ramona said...

Oh, Carol, I'm so tired just reading this post. I love that you wrote your way to new understandings. I hope what's left comes through quickly! And then I wish you rest, clear thoughts, and no papers to write for a few days!

elsie said...

I love Ramona's comment and I echo her thoughts for you too. This dang paper will not be the end of you. You will power through! I hope spring break is soon.