Pages

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Poem #9 Found Poems

Taj Mahal, by Yann, edited by King of Hearts, found on Wikimedia Commons

A very, very long day today and an even longer one ahead tomorrow. The best I can do tonight is a couple of poems I "found" while researching the Taj Mahal. I really do love found poetry and often play around with more familiar texts, e.g. passages from the Bible, in this way.   Tonight I'm just using found poetry because I thought these words were beautiful and because I'm just too tired to write my own poems. Head over to Mary Lee's blog for Day 9 of her April poetry series,  Our Wonderful World!
-->

"Peace"

The calligraphy
on the Great Gate reads,
"O Soul, 
thou art at rest.
Return 
to the Lord
at peace 
with Him,
and He 
at peace
with you.



"To Display the Creator's Glory"

Should guilty 
seek asylum here,
Like one pardoned, 
he becomes free from sin.
Should a sinner 
make his way to this mansion,
All his past sins 
are to be washed away.
The sight of this mansion 
creates sorrowing sighs;
And the sun and the moon 
shed tears 
from their eyes.
In this world 
this edifice 
has been made;
To display thereby 
the creator's glory. 

1 comment:

Mary Lee said...

You found the most beautiful words!