Pages

Sunday, December 25, 2016

#haikuforhealing



"On plunging from Super Bowl Champs to No Playoffs/Other Life Events

harder to have had
and lost, or harder to dream
but never have at all?

BACKSTORY: As much as I don't like the idea of all the head banging, I am still a huge Bronco fan. This year has been a little disappointing, including tonight, when even our star defense couldn't get the job done.  At the same time, I can't help but think of how many years we have had playoff teams. You just can't win every year.  We'll be back, I'm pretty sure next year. And there are lots and lots of cities that have teams that NEVER make the playoffs. 

On a completely different level, several good friends have lost spouses/family members recently. And I've thought a lot about them and about my own situation of never being married. I wonder which is harder- living forever by yourself, or living with someone else, and then having them gone. I'm not sure. 


No comments: