Pages

Friday, December 30, 2016

#haikuforhealing



"pure joy"

such a lucky find
half a cheeseburger, age unknown
dog heaven, for sure

#haikuforhealing

BACKSTORY:  There's a verse in the Bible, in the book of James that says, "Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance." (James 1:2-3). When I try to live that verse, I always think about dogs. Dogs, in my opinion, are a perfect example of pure joy. It takes so little to make them happy.

Take this morning, for instance. Star had an appointment at the vet at 9:00. It's not very far away, only a little over a mile, so I decided that we would walk. Along the way, there's one pretty busy street, with a large median, where homeless people often stand with their signs. Star and I were crossing that median when she suddenly stopped, and almost yanked my arm out of the socket. She had found a cheeseburger. Half eaten, age unknown, but who cared. It was hers now. She hoovered it down before I could get it out of her mouth. All joy!!! The circumstances were unimportant. Count it all joy!!!

No comments: