Pages

Tuesday, December 15, 2015

HAIKU #15



unexpected blizzard leaves
yard frosted in whipped cream swirls
nature's ice cream cake


********

Yesterday was a really long day.  At 9:00 I still hadn't written my haiku (some things never change) and I jokingly wrote that I was hoping for a snow day. We had snow in the forecast, but definitely not a snow day worthy storm. This morning I got up and there was about an inch of snow on the ground. Two hours later, I was ready to leave for work, and logged onto my district's webpage, to check on something, only to discover that 8 inches of snow was in the forecast and we really WERE having a snow day. That hardly EVER happens in Denver, not even once a year. I spent the day responding to student work from my adult Academic Language class. I still have a little more to go, but am hoping to stay up long enough to finish tonight…

1 comment:

Ramona said...

Love the haiku and these words "frosted in ice cream swirls." You spent the day responding to student work - reminds me of the year we drove down to school on a snow day to retrieve 48 shoe box biography projects so I could grade them. I had saved several and forced myself to pitch them last summer, but not before I took pics of all the fun parts.