Pages

Sunday, April 10, 2016

POEM #10- BYGONES








I'm writing poetry this month with Mary Lee HahnKevin HodgsonSteve Peterson, and Carol Varsalona. Today I went to Colorado Springs, spent the day with my mom, then struggled and finally wrote two kinda poems. I guess some days are like that.




"Relativity"

that sky
infinite

those clouds
ominous

those crops
extensive

we humans
infintesimal

(C) Carol  Wilcox, 2016




Untitled

we exclaim over
vast wheaty wealth
that stretches
as far as we can see

we do not realize
foreboding gray clouds
fill the sky

directly behind us

(C) Carol Wilcox, 2016




3 comments:

Mary Lee said...

I like them both for the contrasts of large and small, but I especially like the second one, with that last line separated. Ominously.

Steve Peterson said...

Ominously is right. I like both and we are so very, very small.

Dogtrax said...

Somewhere
in these
deep fields of
memory,
I lost myself
amidst the stories,
and all I remember:
the way you helped me look
for forgotten wheat
in the family fields at noon,
with the sun overhead,
and how excited you were
when you found
what I had lost.

--Kevin