Pages

Saturday, February 4, 2012

THE WONDERFUL BOOK - Leonid Gore

Just back from a terrific three days at our state reading convention. Don't know of any other state where you can hear Dick Allington, Laura Benson, Penny Kittle, Stephen Krashen, Angela Maiers, Donalyn Miller, and Franki Sibberson, in 48 hours, and only 2o minutes from home. Oh, and survive the biggest snowstorm in 100 years, but that is a story for another day. I will blog about CCIRA in the next few days, but in the meantime, read a really fun book at the bookstore today (I actually saw it first on Thursday in Laura's book basket, but we were getting ready to present a a session and there was no time for silliness like reading wonderful picture books) . Please note: I did NOT say, I BOUGHT a fun book at the bookstore!

THE WONDERFUL BOOK is a fun book to add to the "Books about Books" basket. In this book, a rabbit finds a strange red object in the forest. He uses it for a shelter. A bear comes along and uses it for a hat. A family of mice uses it as a table. Finally, a little boy comes along and teaches the animals what the red object- a book- is really for. A perfect companion to my all time favorite picture book, WOLF, by Becky Bloom.

2 comments:

Linda B said...

It looks so cute, Carol. I will put it on my list & hope I can buy it sometime! I'm sorry to say I did not make it to CCIRA on Friday. I couldn't get there because of the storm. I am so disappointed, but did get to see Georgia Heard & have two other good sessions. I'm glad you made it okay. Will look forward to all you have to say about your experience.

Mary Lee said...

Really? 100 years? What was so record-worthy about it? Amounts of snow? Wind?

I'll have to call mom and see how it played out on the Eastern Plains.