Pages

Friday, January 21, 2011

POETRY FRIDAY

A crazy busy week.

No time to read poetry.

No time to find or take beautiful pictures to go with the poetry.

No time to stop and stare.

Just 4.4 second to throw a poem on the blog for Poetry Friday, then run off to the next thing.


Leisure

WHAT is this life if, full of care,
We have no time to stand and stare?—

No time to stand beneath the boughs,
And stare as long as sheep and cows:

No time to see, when woods we pass,
Where squirrels hide their nuts in grass:

No time to see, in broad daylight,
Streams full of stars, like skies at night…

W.H. Davies


Read the rest of the poem here.

Tara is hosting Poetry Friday here.

3 comments:

Mary Lee said...

The Universe has given me the gift of time today (snow day). I'll do the school work to keep up my part of the bargain, as I promised, but I will also take some time to stare.

Wishing you a few moments for staring (do the mountains and the blue blue Colorado sky for me, please), and totally understanding your rush rush rush today. Peace, Friend. Peace.

(word verification is "doemat" -- don't be one; it takes away time to stare...)

laurasalas said...

I know that feeling. Thanks for committing to posting on Poetry Friday, and I hope you find some good staring time soon. Enjoyed this poem and the stream of stars...

Lulu Maude said...

Ah, snow days... the sudden gift of time. Before I retired, I used to spend snow days playing school catch-up. A lifetime of homework! What was I thinking?

I'm now retired and work half-time in a library. Much mellower.

Still, I'm always short on time.