Pages

Friday, March 25, 2011

SLICE #25- AN EVENING IN SEVERAL VERSES

Friday night. Son #2 is out with his girlfriend.
Son #1 is in his bedroom, with the door shut,
where he has been, pretty much all evening.
Approximately once every 30 minutes I check in.

Visit #1
What are you doing?
Relaxing. Leave me alone.

Visit #2 (before Son #2 goes out).
We are all downstairs watching basketball. Wanna come down?
No. Leave me alone.

Visit #3.
I'm watching basketball all by myself. Wanna come down?
No. Leave me alone

Visit #4.
You ok?
Yes. Leave me alone.

Visit #5
Good night. Love you.
Yeah. Love you too.

2 comments:

Ruth said...

Sounds like some of the conversations I've had with a teen son. :)

Linda B said...

Guess the nicest thing is that you tried, & he spoke. I liked the way you told the story; it tells it all.