Pages

Thursday, March 10, 2011

POETRY FRIDAY

DON'T QUIT

When things go wrong, as they sometimes will,

When the road you're trudging seems all uphill,
When the funds are low and the debts are high,
And you want to smile, but you have to sigh,
When care is pressing you down a bit-
Rest if you must, but don't you quit.

Edgar A. Guest


Read the rest of the poem here.

While I was looking for this poem,
I found a photo rendition on You Tube.
It's really beautiful. Check it out at this link.

Poetry Friday is at Liz In Ink.

5 comments:

Katie said...

I remember this poem! Great choice; thanks for sharing!

My Poetry Friday contribution is here: http://sharingsoda.blogspot.com/2011/03/poetry-friday-1-review-dancing-pancake.html

Laura Lynn Benson said...

Love it...and an important message for my soul, too :) Sending you Caymanian love and sunshine...and thinking of our next trip here together!!! xoxoxo

Jone said...

What a lovely photo and poem. I need to remember not to give up in times of budget woes.

Tara @ A Teaching Life said...

I loved this! Turns out I really needed to hear this today...thank you!

Mary Lee said...

Beautiful video. Good reminders. Hard to remember when the only direction is up, but truth is there. Keep at it. Stop for a rest, then keep at it. Look up now and then, but keep at it. Know that others climb with you in other places, and keep at it.