Pages

Monday, March 28, 2016

SLICE #28- Road Trip!


So, this little gal?
She's my granddaughter.
Son #2's daughter.
Esveidy.

For the first year of her life, I didn't even know I had a granddaughter.
She was born in November, 2014.
I met her in January of 2016.
And she is very cute.
And smart.
And wonderful.
And I totally adore her.
And I missed a whole year of her life.

So tomorrow,
when I should be cleaning my house,
or doing my taxes,
or going to school to organize the bookroom,
I'm going to get in my car,
super early, around 5, I think,
And I'm going to drive the 13 hours to Phoenix.

So I can spend two days loving on my granddaughter.
I've heard she loves books,
So I'm pretty sure we will spend some time reading.
Maybe we will hang out at the pool at my motel.
Or find a park.
Or go to the zoo.
Or to Rockies spring training.
I'm not really sure.

But for two glorious days,
I'm going to soak in
all the sweetness
of my sweet girl,
my granddaughter,
Esveidy.

12 comments:

Glenda Funk said...

Have a safe trip. Hug and kiss that sweet thing and bask in every minute of her love for you and your love for her. The pictures are fantastic.

Lisa Corbett said...

Lucky you! How nice that you have the time to go see her. She is a cutie. :)

Linda B said...

Well, you know what I think, Carol, nothing better than grandchildren. She is beautiful, and I'm very glad you get a chance to spend the time. Have a wonderful time and safe travels!

elsie said...

Enjoy every moment with that sweetie! I would love to drive 13 hours to reach my granddaughter, sadly I need to double that time to get to mine. Those are precious moments to hold in your heart when you are far away.

Joanne said...

Enjoy that cute little one! What a great road trip to take!

Tara said...

What a beautiful child - enjoy your time with her, Carol!

L Romaine said...

What a glorious reason for a road trip.
My mom and I are going to my sister's for the last hurrah on her hobby farm before she sells it.

Ramona said...

Have a fabulous trip! I hope you have some audio books to help the miles fly by. I'm currently listening to Dumplin' and loving it. And enjoy every moment with your granddaughter. We'll look forward to new pics after this trip.

Michelle Li said...

Carol, she's is precious! I'm so glad that instead of cleaning house, doing taxes, or organizing the book room, you will be driving 13 hours to spend two days loving on your granddaughter (great lines in your poem). Esveidy is a beautiful name. Enjoy every moment.

LuuLuu said...

How exciting for you! ENjoy this special time. And I love her name.. SO unique!!!

Michelle Li said...

Carol, just want to let you know that I was thinking about you driving 13 hours today and sending lots of positive thoughts your way for a wonderful visit with your granddaughter. (Your comments have been so sustaining for me. Even though we've not met in person, I feel like you are a friend!)

Stacey Shubitz said...

How exciting that you got to spend time with this sweet girl. I bet you're counting down the days 'til you see her again. SHE IS PRECIOUS!