Pages

Thursday, March 24, 2016

SLICE #24

Ok, so tonight was one of those nights.
My son wanted to do something.
I told him we definitely, absolutely weren't going to do that thing today.
And maybe we weren't going to do that thing for a very long time.
And then we went out for a while.
And we did the thing
that I said we were
absolutely
positively
not going to do.
And now he is out telling his friends what we did.
And I am at home thinking
"How in the heck did that happen?"
I think I made a huge mistake.
I hope I am not going to be paying for it for the next three years.
AAAARGH!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Probably you will. They NEVER forget! The joys of parenthood in action.

Cathy said...

It doesn't matter the age of our children we still get talked into things.

Cathy

Maria said...

Sometimes they have a way to get you to do the thing you don't want to do. It's ok. We've all done it. :)

bjdonaldson said...

"How in the heck did that happen?" We have all asked ourselves that question. Parenting is a challenge.

elsie said...

Not ever doing is a sure sign that you will be doing. Try to stand firm and say perhaps, someday. Loved your ending, but I hope it doesn't happen.

Linda B said...

I enjoyed our little visit yesterday, & think I know that "little thing". Hope it doesn't turn into a big thing for you, Carol.

Chris said...

Oh boy. Parenting isn't easy. Hope all ends well!