Pages

Monday, March 12, 2018

SLICE #12- Hamilton

We had been waiting almost two years.

And finally, Saturday was the day.

HAMILTON!

My mom and I used to go to the theater pretty regularly. Before I had my sons, we even to New York City a couple of times. We would go on Broadway binges- fly in on Friday, see a show Friday night, two shows on Saturday, two on Sunday, and then fly home on Monday. Big fun!

Two years ago, when we heard Hamilton was coming, I asked my mom if she wanted to go.

And of course she did.

The problem was, you couldn't just get tickets to Hamilton.

You had to buy season tickets.

So for two years, once every couple of months, we've been to a play.

This year, we've been to WAITRESS, FIRST DATE, THE KING AND I.

We usually make a day of it- I drive down to Colorado Springs to pick her up, we have lunch in a little cafe by the theater, we see the show, and then we head back to Colorado Springs.

But for HAMILTON, we made a weekend of it.

I picked her up about 1:00. We came back to Denver and checked into a hotel directly across the street from the theater. We had dinner at our favorite cafe. And then we saw the show.
It was absolutely wonderful.

The music.

The dancing.

The acting.

Absolutely terrific.

I probably shouldn't confess that I just went online to see if I could get a single ticket to see it again over spring break. I could, if I want to spend $250.

Definitely a day I will never forget.

The day I saw HAMILTON.

3 comments:

Chris said...

HOORAY for your wonderful weekend and all your musical experiences this year.
I don't know if I have enough words to gush all over Hamilton (we saw it in February in Chicago).
Amazing - creative - spinning stage!!! - wowowowowwow!

I'm hoping to see Waitress, too.
So much fun!

Ramona said...

We kept our season tickets for two years because we wanted to see Hamilton and knew it was coming. I share your enthusiasm. Everything about Hamilton is fabulous! So glad you and your mom got to see it.

Unknown said...

That's great! Someday, far in the future, I'm sure I'll see Hamilton. We finally saw Book of Mormon this year, and it was worth the wait!