Pages

Monday, August 3, 2015

THE NEW SMALL PERSON- Lauren Child


I love collage illustrations.
And Lauren Child is one of my favorites!
She has a new "big brother/big sister" book!
Elmore Green starts off life as an only child (as many children do!)
And he likes it a lot.
Elmore gets to watch what he likes on television
And no one ever changes the channel.
When his uncle sends him a jar of jelly beans
No one else eats them
He doesn't have to share,
 especially not the orange ones.

But then one day a new small person comes home.
And suddenly everything changes.
First, Elmore doesn't like it much.
But then, finally, well, you can probably guess what happens at the end.

A great new book for the sibling library!

3 comments:

Linda Baie said...

This looks so cute, Carol. I love the collage work that artists do, too. I'd love to be able to do that! Thanks for telling about the book!

Bernadette Laganella said...

Thanks for sharing this book. My 6 year old grandson has had to abruptly give up being an only child. His parents have become the foster parents of my 2 year old granddaughter. Do you think it is age appropriate for him?

Carol said...

I think it would be perfect for your grandson!