Pages

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

CYBILS 2011

It's that time of year again!
Time to nominate the best books published since October 2010 for a CYBILS AWARD.
There are lots of different categories- fiction picture books, nonfiction picture books, early readers, middle grade novels, YA novels, YA nonfiction, science fiction/fantasy, graphic novels, and this year, a brand new category for book aps.
Nominations are open from now until October 15th.
Eligibility rules are here.
The nomination form is here.

I have been a CYBILS judge for the last four years.
I started out as in middle grade nonfiction,
then did two years of nonfiction picture books,
and this year, I'm a first round judge in POETRY!
Each year, I have totally loved being a judge.
I love reading all the great new books.
I love working with the other judges-
getting to know a whole new group of readers and the books they love
I love trying to predict which books are going to win.
I can't wait to get started!

No comments: