Pages

Monday, May 29, 2017

#cyberpd2017

For the past five or six years, I have participated in the Google community #cyberpd.  We select one book, divide it into chunks, read a chunk every week for the month of July, and blog about it. I love reading and learning with other people. The folks who organize this are in the process of selecting a book and have asked people to post what they will be reading this summer. Here is my stack!

Ralph (and his wife JoAnn) are dear friends. I pretty much love anything he writes. I also know he's a great writer and very accessible. Exactly what I need for my first read of the summer. 

I teach at a dual language school. Our goal is for children to graduate fully bilingual and biliterate. I read THE TRANSLANGUAGING CLASSROOM about a year ago. I want to revisit this book and several other dual language books.  


I will pretty much read anything Kylene Beers and Bob Probst write. This year, we struggled with getting our middle schoolers to engage with books. This seems like a must read this summer!


I loved WHAT READERS REALLY DO by Vicky and Dorothy Barnhouse's first book, and I'm looking forward to this one.

I've been meaning to read this for a couple of years. Really am going to do it this summer!


3 comments:

Mary Lee said...

Great stack! I can't wait to read and learn with you!

Ramona said...

Love your books for #cyberpd. I want to read Ralph's new book even though I'm retired. i'm trying hard not to purchase new books, but maybe I can borrow it from someone.

Michelle said...

Great stack, Carol! I would love to learn more about the books in you dual language stack. Our district has also moved to DL and would love to continue to learn more to support teachers and learners. Thank me for sharing!