Pages

Monday, April 4, 2016

POEM #4- BYGONES



April is National Poetry Month. For the past four years, I have joined my friend Mary Lee, at POETREPOSITORY and YEAR OF READING in writing a poem every day for a month. This year, Mary Lee's theme is BYGONES. She has selected thirty vintage photographs from a collection she found at her mom's house in Burlington, Colorado, and is writing from one photograph every day. I'm not sure if I will write from Mary Lee's photographs every day, or if I will see if I can find some of my own. For the past few years, we have been joined by several other amazing poets- Kevin Hodgson and Steve Peterson


"Camera Angles"

From here
I appear confident
self-assured,
almost cocky.

If the camera went
two inches lower
you could see
my knees knocking.

(c) Carol Wilcox, 2016

2 comments:

Mary Lee said...

Carol, may I please have permission to add this as a companion poem to Lizzy's post -- this sounds like Lewis' voice, and it gives his character more complexity. Especially when you consider what Steve imagined for Lewis!

Michelle Li said...

This made me giggle. Thank you for the wonderful contrast in the two stanzas. Your playful spirit nourished my soul today.