Pages

Friday, May 10, 2013

POETRY FRIDAY


Forest by Oliver Herold, Wikimedia Commons

 Life feels like a lot right now.  I googled poems about peace and found this one. I'm posting a few random lines that I loved.


"The Peace of Wild Things"

When despair for the world grows in me
and I wake in the night at the least sound…

I come into the peace of wild things
who do not tax their lives with forethought
of grief…

For a time
I rest in the grace of the world, and am free.

— Wendell Berry

Read the rest of the poem here.

Anastasia has the Poetry Friday roundup here.

8 comments:

Anastasia Suen said...

Love that 3rd stanza! Thanks for participating in Poetry Friday!

jama said...

Love Berry's work and that poem is one of my favorites.

That "forethought of grief" gets me every time.

Buffy Silverman said...

Must be a Wendell-Berry-kind-of day. Just finished reading Mary Lee's post with another Berry poem. Thanks for sharing this one.

Ruth said...

Beautiful lines!

Linda B said...

"I rest in the grace of the world"-so lovely Carol. Hugs to you!

Mary Lee said...

Wishing for some peace for you, Friend.

Tara @ A Teaching Life said...

For a time
I rest in the grace of the world, and am free.

This is a poem I was meant to read today, thank you Carol...and peace be with you, too.

Tara @ A Teaching Life said...

For a time
I rest in the grace of the world, and am free.

This is a poem I was meant to read today, thank you Carol...and peace be with you, too.