Pages

Saturday, April 14, 2012

ORIGINAL UP AND DOWN POEMS


I had big plans to post something poetry-related every day during the month of April. Unfortunately, on April 1st my computer got very sick, and spent nine days at the Apple Store.  Finally got it back on Thursday night. These are up and down poems (you have to decide whether to read from top to bottom or bottom to top)  I actually wrote two weeks ago- I played around with them after I read Dana Jensen's A MEAL OF THE STARS.


springrise 
for 
time
its 
know 
underground 
deep 
shells 
brown 
shriveled 
in 
trapped 
sunbeams 
do 
how
 daffodils 

 *********** 
joy 
pure 
midair 
from 
ring 
rubber 
red 
snatch 
to 
skyward 
body 
hurls 
lab 
black 

 *************** 

 when 
hear 
someone 
has 
descended 
into 
the 
Marianas 
Trench 
that 
ocean 
canyon 
so 
deep 
that 
Mount 
Everest 
could 
fit 
with 
7000 
feet 
to 
spare 
wonder 
what 
it 
would 
be 
like
 in 
that 
deep 
blackness 
could 
you 
see 
xenophyophores 
traveling 
through 
abyssal 
plains 
oozing
 slime?

1 comment:

Linda B said...

These "long" poems are great. Love that Marianas trench one. Isn't it just amazing to think how deep it really is? And that's kind of what you spoke of. I did miss you Carol, & wondered what was up? I thought you just must be busy, which you probably are.