Pages

Monday, March 10, 2014

SLICE #10- CRASH

I drag myself in the door at 7:15, having left more than 13 hours earlier.
When I walk in the door, I immediately notice a pile on the floor in the closet alcove to my left.
The non-working antique clock, which had been on the shelf in the closet is on the floor. 
My first thought is that my house has been broken into. I mentally catalogue what was in that closet- winter coats, vacuum cleaner, mop bucket, extra three ring binders-- and I wonder what might have been stolen.

And then I realize what really happened.

Yesterday, when I got home from my mom's house I was pretty tired. And I had a full car to unload. And a lot of schoolwork to do. In addition to all of the treasures I wrote about yesterday, I had brought home some clothes my mom wanted me to try on.

I live in an old house, with little tiny closets. My bedroom closet is totally full. I knew the new clothes wouldn't fit in that closet. So I ingeniously, or so I thought, decided to hang them in the coat closet in the front hall. It never occurred to me that that would be a problem.

But I guess it was.

Evidently, the clothes were too heavy. They pulled the clothes rod and shelf right out of the wall. And everything hanging on the rod and everything on the shelf above it, is now on the floor of my living room.

I sat down on the floor and cried.

And then I took the dog for a walk.

The clothes are still there.

They may still be there in June, when school gets out.

Because I am too tired to care.

5 comments:

writekimwrite said...

Oh phooey I do not like when stuff like that happens when I am tired. It was probably good to have a bit of a cry then get on with things by walking the dog. It wouldn't be the worst thing if the mess stayed there until June. You have a lot going on. Sending a prayer and a hug. Blessings to you Carol.

Chris said...

Hang in there, Carol! I should send you a picture of our entry way. Crap everywhere. I just stepped over it tonight. The mess will be there tomorrow (or wait until June). I'm glad you got out with the dog and had a good cry.
--Chris

Ramona said...

Oh, Carol, you have far too much on your plate. You didn't need this mishap! Glad you were able to sit down and cry. Hoping that tomorrow will be better.

Miriam Sikking said...

Sometimes a good cry helps. I remember when I had to wait too long once at the chiropractor. I began to sob because I didn't have time to wait. Everyone looked at me like I was crazy. But hey, it happens. I wouldn't blame you if it sat there until summer!

Linda B said...

What is that crazy saying, "Life happens when you're planning something else." I'm sorry, and don't mind if the clothes stay on the floor. There are better things to do than fix that, like take a walk with your sweet dog! I think I know a bit how you feel though, like when I came home & a squirrel was jumping out of the hole he had made in my kitchen screen! Argh-one more thing! And you even commented on my blog, Carol. Here's a big hug!