Pages

Sunday, April 3, 2011

SUNDAY POETRY FOR THE SOUL


Today, because it's Sunday…
Or maybe because it snowed (after we had a record high yesterday)…
Or because it's the last day of spring vacation, and I have to go do schoolwork…
Or because I keep reading all of the wonderful poems everyone is writing,
and sometimes, lots of times, I write poetry too,
but right now I just don't have any poems…
Or because…

I first came across this poem on a dear friend's website. Bobbi is one of the most grounded, centered, truly spiritual people I have ever met. I loved this poem.

"Love After Love"

The time will come
when, with elation
you will greet yourself arriving
at your own door, in your own mirror
and each will smile at the other's welcome,

and say, sit here. Eat.
You will love again the stranger who was your self.

Read the rest of the poem at Poemhunter.com

No comments: