Pages

Friday, May 28, 2010

POETRY FRIDAY.



Poetry Friday.
The last day of school.
Lots and lots and lots going on.
And in the middle of it all,
I need to stop
and breathe
and say thank you
to my amazing colleagues,
who not only teach
with huge passion
and great intellect
and enormous skill
every single day
but also
love and encourage,
and buy tennis shoes
and baby dolls,
and organize lacrosse teams
and take kids to art shows
and movies
and farms.
Because kids should have those experiences.
It is a privilege
and an honor
to share each day with you.


"Encouraged"
Because you love me I have much achieved,
Had you despised me then I must have failed,
But since I knew you trusted and believed,
I could not disappoint you and so prevailed.
Paul Laurence Dunbar

Read more Paul Laurence Dunbar here.

POETRY FRIDAY at MISS RUMPHIUS EFFECT.

1 comment:

Mary Lee said...

Perfect poem!

We need it framed and hanging in our classrooms where we can read it every day.